Realistic Condenser 600 ohm battery help

remghoost

Ive recently acquired the mic mentioned in the title, and none of the batteries i try seem to fit....
what would you recommend?

Ive recently acquired the mic mentioned in the title, and none of the batteries i try seem to fit....
what would you recommend?
There should be a model number somewhere on the mic; that would help. Most of the RS condenser mics use a 1-1/2V AA battery (which is usually the bare minimum required). A 6 or 12V round battery (like their cigarette lighter battery) would be better.

Pics and measurements of the battery compartment would help. This isn't one of those funky mics that uses a 4-pin XLR, is it?

ah.
i figured it out.
it takes an "N" battery.

and unforuntately, my battery drawer does not have any of those..

Radio Shack

remghoost,

Radio Shack sells the N cells in a two pack for about ten bucks. A trick for older condensers that could use more voltage than a AA like Harvey suggested is to stack two N cells. Two N cells fit tightly into a AA compartment and deliver more voltage.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

remghoost,

Radio Shack sells the N cells in a two pack for about ten bucks. A trick for older condensers that could use more voltage than a AA like Harvey suggested is to stack two N cells. Two N cells fit tightly into a AA compartment and deliver more voltage.

More to the point, the Rat Shack N cells are rechargeable NiMH. Buy a charger.

No idea. Probably, if it can hold a battery that small. Ask at Rat Shack. I'm sure they sell a charger that charges it or they wouldn't sell the batteries....

Rad-shak audio kit was never much cop and that mic seems to go for about £20 on e bay. Personally I wouldn't throw any more money at it. Instead buy a pair of Behringer C2s, even one of those $20 'BM-800s" are ok for the money.

Dave.

Yeah . . . and the $22 NW-800 (same thing, I reckon) can be had in a small kit with a neato shock mount that's worth the bucks all by itself.

Yes, I have bought 3 of them in the last couple of years and all have worked fine. The problem seems to be Quality Control. Lots of posts a while ago where people found the mics noisy,low output or just plain not working. Answer? Order from 'Zon and test immediatement!

The XLR to 3.5mm jack cable also works pretty well into a laptop and is in many ways more useful than a USB mic.

Dave.

Back