Problem with Input Monitoring

BurnBarfield

I am having some trouble with beng able to monitor, or preview, what I'm about to record..

When I arm the tracks, I can see it is receiving signal and then if I just record it and play back it works and functions fine..

I need to be able to hear what's about to be recorded as far as mic placement and whatnot goes.. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.. I haven't had my studio put together in a few months so it may be very simple, but I can't figure it out.

you know how after you arm a track, the button just to the left of that shows what input you're using. if you click that button a drop down menu will open. select the "input monitor" sub menu and turn on input monitoring.

hope that helps.

When I click there (it's showing as a number 1) I only get the choice between Stero and mono....please I need to find out how to monitor!

I had the same problem but then after switching to an ASIO soundcard the input monitor option showed up after clicking the 'little 1'. I'm not sure why or how that is related to monitoring but it worked for me.

I monitor through a USB audio interface from my Tascam 2488 to the computer so I can hear everything that is happening even when I'm not recording the tracks to Acid. I've never been able to monitor straight from the computer through headphones unless I'm just using the pre-made samples for Acid.

Back