problem in using Kontakt 5(32 bit) in Sibelius Ultimate(64 bit)as if otjer company products of 32bit can be located and used

operaticnight

I am a newbie in this forum and I have a really bad ass problem. I have a 64 bit windows of 8.1 and I have been using Qbase and sonar 3 with third party sound generators like Realguitar or sfz ,sessiondrummer or in between players like Kontakt 5 which basically are 32 bit on. I have put dlls in searching folders or related addreses in my(Qbase and sonar3) DAWs and they have been good for a while although some of them has expired . now I am using sibelius ultimate for writing more classic based reasons which is a 64 /32 bit based one. some of predescribed devices are working well but Kontakt which is more essential for my job is not working . during the startup it shows Sibelius finds Kontakt 5.dll but in configuration it is not available ....Does anyone knows what can i do ?

jbridge is the one most people use - I have it on my Cubase system for just a couple of VSTis I can't upgrade, but Cubase and quite a few popular DAWs, plus score writing software really need to be kept up to date. Kontakt 5 is now quite old and as I keep adding more packages, the number that work on 5 are reducing. All my latest ones need the later version, and only this week I needed to upgrade again to download the latest package. Sibelius is constantly updated and even if you get a bridge working, there is no guarantee how long they will stay working. Cubase needs 64 bit or it gets cranky - so you're going to have to really think about a general upgrade. Everything else is a time limited bodge.

@operaticnight: Are you using Kontakt Player5 or Kontakt Full/Retail 5? Either way, you can just update to Player7 to run older Player encoded libraries that you have installed (my K2 player libraries are all still running in K7 Player).

Paj
8^)

Back