Outside The Box: Producing Bass Lines

rollydee

User Review:
Outside The Box: Producing Bass Lines
published by macProvideo.com

As an aspiring producer, one of the most difficult things for me to understand is the music itself. A couple of my friends are very good with naturally understanding what is going on, and they focus on the melody and phrasing. I am left to track, mix and add a little of my own flavour in the bass. So needless to say a good tutorial that explains the concepts that I struggle with, is very welcome. Eyal Amir is a solid player with enthusiasm for what he is doing. That is always half the battle in these video tutorials. If the teacher is monotone and jaded, I usually fall asleep. The concepts here are simple, so if you are a jazz major you will have already heard a lot of it. I found that the syncopation section and backbeat section, have already helped my playing. Although I am not a Zappa or progressive rock fan, I enjoyed the sound quality of what was created with Mr. Amir's method's. I will recommend this to any of you who play live bass or synth bass, and want to get funkier and tighter in live play and recording.

Back