Online session drummer service?

TheTrickster

Hiya all!

Just an idea I have: Does there exist something like online session drummer services? In my mind, this would be a good drummer with a good recording set up, treated acoustics and soforth, and s/he could offer drum recordings for your tracks. You'd send a backing track mp3, and he would perform and return 24-bit wave files for all drum tracks (for a fee ofcourse).

Even if this is uncommon now, I believe this could be a business for the future, what with all the home recording going on these days.

Is there such a service? What do you think of the idea?

Disclaimer: I'm not a drummer, but could sure use some proper drum recordings and do not have the space or experience to record drums.

Yup, they definitely exist. Here's one. I have no personal experience with that drummer, but if you look around, you'll find more.

Excellent. At a meager $135 per song it's definitely worth a shot for a song, if nothing else than just to be able to play with real, custom drum tracks for a while.

Thanks!

Yes! It´s so common. Dave Weckl (Chick Corea, Paul Simon, Michel Camilo,etc.) and Paul Wertico (Pat Metheny) do that...

In fact, i do that too... I´m a pro drummer, and If u want, i can record your first song for free to see if u like it.

PM me.

i have done some aswell...I play all custom DW drums and Paiste 2002 snare.

I have played with Snuffy Walden and others...

i will record a track or two...if you like them, and want more, i will charge like 30 or 40 a song.

I think I need to start one of these services. Once I get a bit more equipment, of course! What a great idea!

I agree that online session drumming is the way forward! I have been setup for a few months now and it's going really well. Totally recommend it!

Matt

I agree that online session drumming is the way forward! I have been setup for a few months now and it's going really well. Totally recommend it!

Hate to dredge up an old topic, but I am an online session drummer and offer some of the lowest prices around. Check my sig!

Back