On Golden Pond - an arrangement I'm working on

rob aylestone

I'm doing tracks for a music from the movies event - well known and more obscure music. Venue will be oddly - churches. UK ones, all stone and reverb. Essentially a pile of multitracks and real players, who will vary between dates - so probably a core of three of us and guests - so lots of live stuff and the rest on track. I don't think many people will know this one.

Attachments

• On Golden Pond.mp3
    8.8 MB
I'm doing tracks for a music from the movies event - well known and more obscure music. Venue will be oddly - churches. UK ones, all stone and reverb. Essentially a pile of multitracks and real players, who will vary between dates - so probably a core of three of us and guests - so lots of live stuff and the rest on track. I don't think many people will know this one.
Beautiful stuff! I love cinematic music, and have written quite a bit myself. It must be fun / sometimes frustrating to work with that kind of acoustic!

Cheers. It’s a bit odd because the idea is for it to be a longer term project, so you resurrect it do two or three then none for a couple of months then do it again. Complete with lights, so an old fashioned son-et-lumiere event.

It was a mistake, that I liked - I smiled when you noticed. The musical folk that are involved are helping suggest tracks they like. I want to do once upon a time in the west, and am trying to get a 'proper' opera singer to sing it as it's sort of aahs, not words, but she's dithering, but it would really work I think. Others are up for even trying things they'd not usually even play in public, like a flute guy, who said he did actually have a big, old recorder that might be good for another song. Another has suggested Forrest Gump - which to be honest, I didn't know, never having seen the movie. There's some interesting stuff - Blade Runner is on the list too.

It was a mistake, that I liked - I smiled when you noticed. The musical folk that are involved are helping suggest tracks they like. I want to do once upon a time in the west, and am trying to get a 'proper' opera singer to sing it as it's sort of aahs, not words, but she's dithering, but it would really work I think. Others are up for even trying things they'd not usually even play in public, like a flute guy, who said he did actually have a big, old recorder that might be good for another song. Another has suggested Forrest Gump - which to be honest, I didn't know, never having seen the movie. There's some interesting stuff - Blade Runner is on the list too.

Being able to pull this off would be really big. I would think rather than trying to do it all with live instruments, modern technology, AKA as in something like Ableton Live and a good controller, could get you there. But it would be pretty cool with the right stage setup.

The first harmonica bit, plus the section from 4:07 are the two I'm aiming for - not so much the links which are a bit 'cowboy' - another couple will be Schindler's List and Cinema Paradiso - so you get the idea - and for a bit of fun, we won't tell the audience what the movie is before we play, so a bit of a competition!

Hum, churches you say. since this comes straight out of the Bible: If you are not familiar, my favorite book Ecclesiastes.

Back