Need Mixer with USB Interface / Windows 10 Multitrack Feature

kaizler

Hi! I've been trying to research alot on new / old mixers and have been on a roadblock.

What I'm exactly looking for is something super similar to Soundcraft's Signature MTK 12 but has

(Mtk 12 on Windows 11)

• Individual Windows 10/11 audio driver instead of grouping Ch 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and so on
  • Minimum 2-3 Output Groups / Aux
  • Motorized Faders
The Chanel 1 & 2 are grouped as Playback Line Out 01/02. I'm looking for something that has this feature/driver on windows but not paired. So Channel 1 should just be Line Out 01, Channel 2 as Line Out 02 and others on Windows playback settings. I hope that makes it clearer.

The reasons for this, I'm looking to bind VOIP apps to these line outs (Skype will Use Line out 1, Discord will use Line Out 02, Zoom will use Line Out 03, you get the idea) and have granular control over them.

Technically I can get the MTK 22 but I really don't need that much input although it would give me 12 outputs on windows & 2 groups. It is too big for my current space.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

I'm guessing that the reason the outputs are paired is because the *mixer* has a pan control on each input.

If you don't want a pan control, then you might look into just an interface that has built-in DSP capability, or physical FX send/return, which is the only reason to use a mixer, at least from my "never used a mixer to record" POV.

How many inputs and outputs to you need? Probably something like the Mackie DL series would do it. There would be no physical control surface, you'd just control it from Windows or a tablet.

It occurred to me that there are newer “live” mixers with multitrack USB outputs, Zoom and Presonus are brands that have been at it a while, but I don’t know if they do what you want, which is basically Mono mixing. (Unless you want the record out to be pre-pan/FX/etc.)

Back