need help with sonar

angelus

hi everyone.
I´m using sonar 8 producer edition and I have to say I´m a real newbie at all of this.
one thing is really bothering me though. everytime when I press rec, I hear this metronome but can´t shut it off.
can someone give me step by step directions how to turn this off?

thanx,

angelus

There's a little button in the transport controls that looks like a metronome. Click it and it should turn gray. That means it's off.

Actually, you have to have the metronome toolbar enabled to see the buttons up at the top near the transport. It's a seperate toolbar from the transport.

I usually go to options-->project, click the metronome tab, and uncheck the record and playback boxes.

thanx you guys!

it really helps.. I´m a really good guitar player but I´m still crap at recording and singing haha;)

do you have any tips for me making my vocals sound... wel duable I guess:P

btw... thanx for the quick responses!

thanx you guys!

it really helps.. I´m a really good guitar player but I´m still crap at recording and singing haha;)

do you have any tips for me making my vocals sound... wel duable I guess:P

btw... thanx for the quick responses!

The V-Vocal tool is awesome. You can tune, adjust timing, and fix weird vocal glitches. There are some really good youtube vids that show how to use it.

V-vocal is the whole reason I went with Sonar producer edition. As far as I know, no other DAW's had any thing like it at the time.

Last edited:
hi everyone.
I´m using sonar 8 producer edition and I have to say I´m a real newbie at all of this.
one thing is really bothering me though. everytime when I press rec, I hear this metronome but can´t shut it off.
can someone give me step by step directions how to turn this off?

thanx,

angelus

Go through the tutorials. This is the best way to get started. They are included with a registered copy.

Back