need help with Acid...

checkmate

Someone just very recently got me Sony Acid Pro 6.0, and I've been trying to figure out how to use it for my music.
Now, when I first used the equalizer, I could edit the frequencies while the track was playing. Then, when I played the the track again, the equalizer would change on its own throughout the track - accordingly to how I changed it before at the moment.
Somehow, I got rid of the EQ's ability to do this, so now all the changes I make are constant throughout the track.

So, my questions are...
Is there a way I can change it back to the way it was before?
If so, how do I change it so the changes are consistent?
Can I do this with other effects such as reverb and distortion?

Sorry for the newbish questions... I'm new at working with audio and I'm struggling to figure out how to use Acid along with multiple other programs.

P.S. Merry Christmas ;)

What you were doing was 'automation' of the plugins.
You need to have a search around the program for 'automation envelopes', 'FX automation'. I've only used Acid briefly (used Sony Vegas more) so I'm not totally sure where to find all this stuff, but I know its there.

Okay, so I found an example of a song that has applied what I'm trying to learn...

imeem.com/people/V0wBh1/music/gIAajHRh

Around 2 minutes and 40 seconds into the song, the melody's reverb and eq fluctuate at a certain pace. Then, around 3 minutes in, the melody starts to get more and more distorted...

How can I manipulate the envelopes to do something like this to a track?

Back