Need fast help with sonar playback issue!

Dreadas

Working on a project with short deadline need help fast!

Running Sonar 6 Producer.
RME FireFace 400 (interface)
PC

Been working on a track and all has been fine.. untill I opened it today and there was all of a suddan no playback sound..!?

I thought It might be cos of some other media players playing at the same time.. so i switched sonar of and back on again.. tried rebooting comp.. nothing seams to work!

I have tried to open other projects in sonar and they are working fine!

just this one project that there is no playback sound.. cant see any signal in the mixer.. have tried checking 'Audio' and everything looks ok there.. it seams to be the same set up as in all my other projects.

only one thing I could think of.. when starting Sonar I imported some Audio files into one of the tracks.. could this have caused the problem? were they of another Bit depth maybe? I have removed the files etc.. but still not working! What can I do?

(unfortunately I have no back up saved.. yeah I know.. dumba$$!)

plz help deadline is coming up soon need to finish this of ASAP!

Thanx!

The two most likely possibilities:

1) You've accidentally set the master bus output to "none". On the mixer, bottom left, there's a button to enable/disable display of the output for each channel. Enable it, and make sure your master bus is feeding something other than "none" (likely, it should feed your Fireface's main output driver.)

2) You've inadvertently entered offset mode, and reduced the level of something in your chain. When looking at the mixer, hit "o" on your computer's keyboard. The volume for each channel should toggle to show "0.0+" (the trailing plus sign shows you're in offset mode.) Unless you've intentionally used this mode, make sure that all your channels, especially the master bus, are set to "0.0+". And make sure to toggle out of offset mode again when you're done.

As a general test to rule out bussing issues, set the output for an individual track to be your fireface, rather than the master bus. If you get sound when sending the track directly to the audio device, but not when sending the track to a bus, then you know there's a routing issue, so you just need to follow the signal chain to find which plugin/send/bus/whatever is causing the problem.

If all else failes save that one song as a templete, then import all the audio from that tune back into it. Maybe some file corrupt.

its obvious that you have expeirience with sonar,but in your haste you may have overlooked something.. try this checklist...

first save a backup copy of the song, save it as a bundle,it will back up all your wavedata and settings...

then make a copy of the project (not bundle) using save as..

try the easyiest things first .. check no tracks are solo`d.. and check mute settings..

on the file menu select project audio files:- this will bring up a list of the .wavs in your project.. if there`s no .wavs you could have saved the project last time as a midi file ?? or moved the wavdata folder??...

------------------------------------------------
in audio options make sure your card is selected...

while your in there click the asio panel and set a higher buffer level..(just in case sonars overloaded)

in the advanced tab try ticking/untickicking "share drivers with other programs"

in the drivers tab check output drivers are set to the card you want to use..
-------------------------------------------------
follow what deshead wrote..

if your really stuck, the files you recorded will be in the wavedata directory,as jmorris said you could re-import them..

if you`ve deleted the wav files by mistake.. DONT write any data to that drive.. you could still get them back !!!

hope you`ve already got it sorted and dont need this...
please let us know what the problem was...

Back