My to buy list for Podcasting. Thoughts and Advice?

anthem85

I run a podcast that is growing. I need to upgrade my equipment before our show hits the road in May. Currently We are recording with a PC and USB mics. It works but its not as warm and inviting as I would like. Plus we have issues with software sometimes. We just want to go hardware.

So below is my whole plan. Please take a look and give any advice. Thanks so much.

Mixer-

Behringer XENYX X1204USB- I wanted to go with this because we have a 3-4 man panel at times and I want room to expand if needed. I also like that it has USB. I always like to have as many options just in case.

Mics-

Here is where it gets tricky. I haven't decided on a mic yet but im narrowing down my search.

Main mic-

MXL V67G- I like the warm and deep tone that it offers. The price is nice as well.
Audio Technica 4040- I have been hearing how wonderfully built this mic is but the price is a little high for me.
Audio Technica 2020- More around my range but I noticed the low range isn't so amazing. At lease in videos ive watched.

Co-hosts-

They are not buying their own mics so they will deal with that I get them lol.

Audio Technica 2020
MXL 990

On the road mics-

I will use these for us standing around doing interviews and shows live from conventions and events. They are cheap and easy to transport and I wont be afraid if someone drops one or slobbers all over it.

Behringer ULTRAVOICE XM1800S

Digital Audio Recorder-

I want to use a recorder to record into for the podcast.

Roland R-05

With all this equipment I can make a better workflow and limit post editing. Please let me know any adjustments you would make to this list and any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you are doing live podcasts, not recording and editing them on the computer for later broadcast, then the behr mixer will be ok (note the preamps can be noisy), but if you want to record each voice/input onto a separate track for editing, the mixer will not do this for you, it only provides a stereo USB (2 tracks total - 1 left and 1 right) output.

Back