mpc2000xl vs. pc sampling and sequencing

pashdog

i need equipment to sample and sequence midi tracks for hip hop music but i plan on getting pc software to record vocals over these midi track, so should i just skip the mpc2000xl and use the pc for both sampling and sequencing the midi track and vocals. any ideas?

Pashdog-

Definitely go with the MPC-2Kxl. I started doing hip-hop beats sampling into cool edit 95 (this was a while back) and just mixing in sounds on top of drum beats, etc... Anyways, last summer I was introduced to the mpc by another producer and I bought one a week later. My level of beats has increased like crazy. I still use cool edit (now it's cool edit 2000) to edit sounds before I load them into the mpc. The biggest difference is that you can not trigger samples with emotion when you are using a computer. With the mpc, you hit the pad when you want it to play the sound. It brings emotion into your beats. If you do choose to go the computer route, read my post at http://www.poly-sci.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000004.html .

Hope it helps,
Alvaro

definetly go with mpc, totally using a computer to make your beats and songs, has and I belive always will sound corny. Its also a good idea to get a hard disk recorder to multitrack and lay vocals, I used to do everything on the computer, and when i got some money together and stepped it up to real equipment my music, sound around 100 times better and more professional.

Back