more problems with Adobe!!

presto5

:mad: It seems every time I open this program I`m back on the forums...Opened it tonite and its not recognizing my external,. Opened preferences and my external is now under the F:\ and it used to be E:\ it can`t find my existing files and when I try to open a new one it goes sr8 to my C:\........? Anyone? Thanks

I mean that's odd. You mean an "external hard drive"? The drive letters can change. Its probably because you moved files from one directory to another or from one drive to another. I have tried this before.

For example, I create a session and I save the audio files in E:\ , now I moved the files to an external hard drive F:\. When I open the project again in Adobe Audition it will search for audio files in the original location E:\. The solution is to simply connect your external hard drive and manually browse to the folder where Adobe Audition can find the audio files needed for your project.

IFor example, I create a session and I save the audio files in E:\ , now I moved the files to an external hard drive F:\. When I open the project again in Adobe Audition it will search for audio files in the original location E:\. The solution is to simply connect your external hard drive and manually browse to the folder where Adobe Audition can find the audio files needed for your project.

Ithink that the way AA works with paths is that it will try and use the files in the path as they are stored in the ses file (bear in mind some files do not have an actual path but just a filename) if the file cannot be located in the path it looks in the folder which the ses file is located.

So knowing that be careful if you open up your backup copy of your ses file located on say f: drive because you may well be working on the original files which are still stored on e: drive.

No this is not a shameless plug but if in doubt you can always use MediaSweeper to let you see what files and paths are stored in the ses you are using.

:mad: It seems every time I open this program I`m back on the forums...Opened it tonite and its not recognizing my external,. Opened preferences and my external is now under the F:\ and it used to be E:\ it can`t find my existing files and when I try to open a new one it goes sr8 to my C:\........? Anyone? Thanks

Which version of Audition are you using?

Back