Mixcraft with Beatcraft (or) Another DAW with EzDrummer?

scdaymon

Hi there friends…

I start using Mixcraft like 2 months or so. And the next step, is to start to use Drums Software.
I heard a lot about EzDrummer, but I just can’t edit the drums in Mixcraft. Although it is a very nice DAW (and very user friendly – which is an important thing for me), the pattern editor in Mixcraft for EzDrummer is just lame. Very little, it's like you can’t notice what you're editing. It's really difficult to work with those 2 softs combined.

Can you suggest me anything.

a) Would you recommend a better DAW to work with EzDrummer? (which one? - remember, I need a user friendly one);

b) Do you suggest to keep MIXCRAFT and just try to go along with Beatcraft?

c) Do you suggest another DAW and another Drum software?

Thanks guys

Ps: Intend to play and creat Rock and Metal Music.
Ps1: Again, sorry for the bad english...I’m a Portuguese!!!

I would say that Cubase (which I use) probably has the easiest to use drum editor, based on what I have read about other DAW's on this forum. Addictive Drums blows EZD out of the water. I have them both.

I would say that Cubase (which I use) probably has the easiest to use drum editor, based on what I have read about other DAW's on this forum. Addictive Drums blows EZD out of the water. I have them both.

I will +1 this post. I have used logic, reaper, and pro tools doing some midi in all of them and I still think cubase handles it best.

Keep in mind, that Cubase LE versions will not allow you to send individual outputs from a VSTi (drum program). Cubase 6 is not cheap, but worth it. And please do not use a cracked version. We don't like pirates around here. :D

Hi Scdaymon

I have been using Mixcraft for a while and found that Beatcraft works pretty well that is the program that came with the version I have as a package.
You do need to set it up in beatcraft and then drag it into mixcraft.
If you contact Acoustica who make Mixcraft they will probably give you a copy and be able to back up any queries you have.
They are very good like that with support helping with a few teething issues I had.
Not wishing to put the dampers on any product but I had so many set up issues I completely scrapped the $700.00 version I have of Cubase6 as the product support is from Germany and the language barrier is difficult to fathom???????
ciao
BronwynH:listeningmusic:

I wouldn't necessarily advocate for the full version until you try a smaller version first. Anything above LE (to my knowledge) has the multi out function that jimmy was talking about.

Hi Scdaymon

I have been using Mixcraft for a while and found that Beatcraft works pretty well that is the program that came with the version I have as a package.
You do need to set it up in beatcraft and then drag it into mixcraft.
If you contact Acoustica who make Mixcraft they will probably give you a copy and be able to back up any queries you have.
They are very good like that with support helping with a few teething issues I had.
Not wishing to put the dampers on any product but I had so many set up issues I completely scrapped the $700.00 version I have of Cubase6 as the product support is from Germany and the language barrier is difficult to fathom???????
ciao
BronwynH:listeningmusic:

You spent $700 for Cubase? How did that happen?

This is a screenshot of why cubase users like using cubase for programming drums (this is a superior 2 drum map, but there are definitely ones out for ez drummer).

Screenshot2012-06-05at34908PM.png

All the on/off notes are diamonds and the hits are labeled to the left so you can easily find the articulation you are looking for.

Pretty much slays any type of piano roll editing and programming.

BronwynH - Thanks for your share Bronwyn, I’m glad to know that someone appreciate MIXCRAFT like me... it is a great DAW, and not only for beginners. It allows you to concentrate on the music, and not on the million steps you need to do to only record a thing.
About Beatcraft, I found the sounds a little weak compared to EzDrummer.
Well, I guess at the end it is a matter of taste. ;)
Jimmy69 – I DO NOT USE A CRACKED VERSION OF CUBASE. It was offered alongside my Alesis audio interface. But I found it so hard to work with, that I bought Mixcraft.
But like I said, Mixcraft is very lame dealing with EzDrummer.
The problem is that my CUBASE version is precisely 5 “LE”? I did not understood what was that of not allow me to send individual outputs from VSTi (drum program). Since I saw GUITARGODGT picture (thanks man!!! :guitar: ) of drumming layout on Cubase, I tried EzDrummer on my Cubase 5 LE and it worked.
So I’m not sure if I understood the limitations you are talking about.

Well... problem solved:

MIXCRAFT 5 + HYDROGEN DRUM MACHINE

At first, HYDROGEN only worked on Linux (and Mac I guess), but know it gots a version for windows, and it works pretty well.
A lot of drum kits, with very good sound quality, and first of all, an easy editor.
Ready to go!!!

Back