Microphone and mixer for online radio

toketog

Hello everybody, i'm a newbie here and i'd like to ask the experienced memebers some questions...

I already have an online radio, and i'm using a regular pc microphone and SAM Broadcaster for streaming. But i want to do an upgrade. I am thinking to buy 2 of these microphones, one for me and one for the co-host, and a mixer with 2 microphone inputs. Then, i want to export the mixer audio to a 3.5 mm cable and plug it in my computer line in jack. Is that possible with this equipment ?

sorry but as a newbie i cant post link, so join it your self

Mixer: konigelectronic(dot)com/en_us/792574
Microphone: konigelectronic(dot)com/en_us/1119961

Get a 2 channel USB audio interface.
If you really need hands-on faders, then get a USB mixer.

Thanks for the reply, but as i can see they are quite expensive, i dont wanna exceed 50$ budget

The mixer that i have posted above, is not going to work with this setup ?

What's your reason for upgrading? Are you happy with the sound you're currently getting?
The reason I'm suggesting alternative equipment is that anything plugged into a computer line-input isn't really much of an upgrade.

$50 is nothing on audio gear, but I expect you could find a 2nd hand usb mixer or interface for less than $100, maybe?

I haven't used that DJ mixer but I'll bet the preamps in it aren't going to be great. I mean, they're probably the least important thing in a DJ's mixer.

What's your reason for upgrading? Are you happy with the sound you're currently getting?
The reason I'm suggesting alternative equipment is that anything plugged into a computer line-input isn't really much of an upgrade.

$50 is nothing on audio gear, but I expect you could find a 2nd hand usb mixer or interface for less than $100, maybe?

I haven't used that DJ mixer but I'll bet the preamps in it aren't going to be great. I mean, they're probably the least important thing in a DJ's mixer.

well, i just want to have 2 good quality microphones, 1 for host and 1 for co-host...I have tried plugging a second pc microphone into and an external usb sound card, and then joining them with Virtual Audio Cables, but i'm getting a ticking sound

Last edited:
Trust me. These forums are littered with people who want the absolute cheapest solution to work the same as the recommended solution.
It usually doesn't work.

What country are you in? I'd get on ebay and look for a tascam us122 or something.
Like I say, if you need your hands on faders/mute buttons, look for a small USB mixer instead.
People by these through error all the time. Ebay's bound to be littered with them.

You can go for your proposed solution, but you can also use an umbrella to keep your feet dry. Just buy shoes. ;)

I live in Greece!

You know better than me, but i just want a simple setup to connect 2 usual xlr microphones and the tranfer the signal to pc....I'm not interested too much in faders/mute as i want the cheapest solution ;)

Thanks for your help! I'll be looking forward for your answer :)

You know better than me, but i just want a simple setup to connect 2 usual xlr microphones and the tranfer the signal to pc....I'm not interested too much in faders/mute as i want the cheapest solution ;)

I already gave you it. ;)
US122 or similar would be ideal.

Back