Mic problem?

Apparently i can't post links until i made 10 post, so the link have to wait a couple minutes.
The links now there, can i delete the other post's i made to reach 10?

That sounds like an issue on the digital side. It's got a kind of pulse to it.
It's always hard to say, but I'd bet it's the computer setup/clock/interface before I'd think it was the mic.

Can you check your interface with a different microphone or instrument?

I'm at work listening som system aint the best, but it sounds like a bad conncetion at some point, try a fresh mic and a fresh cable, if it still messing about, it should be your interface/pre

Sorry for the late answer.

I've had alotta problems with my saffire pro 14 with sound disappearing but worked again when i switched sample rate to another and back again, and it keeps doing it.
So it might be that, hope the guaranty is still there as it always been that way, i just figured it was a software problem tho.
but it might be the box as it's doing it with the mic, never had a problem recording before though.

I've tried recording in Cubase and Studio One 2 both programs made that pulse sound thingy.
But i don't have another instrument or mic laying around, i got a blue icicle i will try in a minute with the mic.

I'll let you know.

Thanks alot for the answers!

Have you ever looked at your h/w buffer settings?
Sometimes you can get glitches like that if it's set too low.

Have a look at make sure it's set to at least 512 then try again.
Also get on google and make sure you're using the correct up to date drivers for your operating system.

I don't know how to change that, i got the saffire mixcontrol.

I both tried the newest, and an older version of the software, same problem with the sound bug.

It keeps doing that recording pulse thing, tried using the icicle (never buy one of these, i had no clue about anything when i bought it) and another cable.
Still the same.

The icicle replaces the interface, right?
If so, that makes it a software issue.

What recording software do you use?
Any suite will have an option for hardware buffer size.
The lower the number the lower the latency and the harder the computer has to work.
It's common enough to hear audible artefacts if you have the buffer size set to low.

Have a look through your recording software setup menus.

Oh i found the buffer size setting, it's set to 1024.

oh....ok.
Hmmm.

So you've tried a new interface and new cable.
Try a different recording program just to confirm. Audacity and reaper are free/free to try.

It really doesn't sound like a mic issue, but this'll prove it one way or the other.

Back