Metronome trouble while recording??

ASG

While recording audio the metronome lags alot and then eventually parts are skipped, so playback sounds as if it was fastforwarded on certain parts. The thing is when i cut the recording and do it over, it lags and skips in all the same places. Is this just tyical driver trouble or something else?

Sounds like your processor isn't powerful enough. When you're recording make sure you don't have any other applications running and try to solo only the tracks you absolutely need to hear. Upgrading your RAM might help with this too.

yeah i had to boot up my old hp since my super fast laptop runs win7 >:( so if i solo the track(s) that i really need thatll help?

yeah i had to boot up my old hp since my super fast laptop runs win7 >:( so if i solo the track(s) that i really need thatll help?

Yes it should help at least a little. It would be less for the computer to process and play, especially if you have a lot of MIDI instruments.

Are you running an older version of Sonar?

I'm using Win7 with no problems at all running 8.53

No the problem with win7 wasnt the software, id installed it on there first and it ran flawlessly. The only problem was that damn driver signature issue. Do you mean to tell me you run win7 for your studio and you have no problems? IF so please tell me how you were able to? See ive been through 3 interfaces, and each one when i tried to install them, i was not allowed to because the drivers on the discs were all unsigned. Now believe me when i say i did everything any faq on google will say, i tried the whole turning off driver signing thing, i tried putting the laptop in test mode so i could get away with it as a one time thing, i tried running the driver installation as an admin, i even went so far as to get that upgrade to windows proffesional, which if you dont know has this thing called virtual pc, so that you can kinda do a temporary downgrade to windows xp and do xo functions, like insigned driver installation. Believe me i tried it all, nothing worked. So if you do have your interface or any other equipment hooked up to win7 that you managed to get working PLEASE tell more your secrets lol. Cause ive got a dual processing 4GR 320G HD laptop sitting here everyday just begging to be used and i cant :/

Back