Marshall Mg100DFX

I'm assuming that's a combo? If so there should be little red jacks on the back that look like they have lightning bolts next to them. Out from those into the cabinet or you can just RTFM!!!!!!!

ok, let's not confuse louder with "more sound" IE you wont see a decibel difference using the 1, 100 watt speaker, or adding 1, 4x12 cabinet, what you will notice is that you push more air through the 4x12 and it "sounds better" however it still just as loud. Now I have modded a couple mg100dfx (combo's) to accept (wait for it......) 2 4x12, and still use the same internal speaker as well. (that's 9, 12" in speakers kiddies).
now that's the sound, still rattle your foundation at 10.
want louder? get a 2nd set just like I described, now ya got 18 speakers and 200 watts. I wont be telling you how it's done, as I have yet to see anyone catch onto the mg100dfx. but if you're interested, I can do the mod, or take it in and pay a "pro".

8 yr old thread. :facepalm:

Yes and with all due respect he is wrong. Adding a more effecient speaker will make it louder regardless of wattage. Depends on the spl of the speakers/cab. Maybe I'm confused here whats the difference between more sound and loud?

Yes and with all due respect he is wrong. Adding a more effecient speaker will make it louder regardless of wattage. Depends on the spl of the speakers/cab. Maybe I'm confused here whats the difference between more sound and loud?

Why would anyone want an MG to be louder? Those things suck ass, and that's coming from a full-on Marshall fanboi.

Idk but when i think of nasty solid state marshall tone i instantly think of 90's american death metal. Coulda sworn i saw em use one once might have been one of those mosfets or mode fours or something.

Back