Manslick : Summer Strummer

Hey everybody?
Are you as happy as me to be in the summer?
Man.
I am so happy right now. Right now.
I want to share this song about a summer strummer who is a little bit slow.
But in the end, makes it home.
I named it Taste Salt because of wanting to lick salt off of a glass of tequila.

Attachments

• TASTE SALT 2021.mp3
    9.7 MB
My only mixing comment, listening ob HPs, vocals get a little buried in a few places, mainly guitar could come down a tad or get a carving or side compression. Not much, because I think think the vocal is pretty important on this one.

Now the song itself, I think it will take a couple of listens, pretty interesting for sure :) It raises an eyebrow.

Before the music actually starts ther eis a low hum, like the bass amp just go turned on or something? It's probably there throughout the mix. The drums have a not-too-pleasant room sound on them, and the bass is almost lost in the mix.

Very interesting tune. Reminds me of Zappa or something. I agree with mjb about the low hum. It almost sounds as though it's present throughout the song.

The whole song has a very odd boxiness quality to it. I don't really know how to describe it. It kind of sounds as though it was mixed, and then the mix was played on a boom box in a small room, and that boom box was miked up and recorded for the final mix. Like I said .. it's hard to describe. :)

I mean ... the balance of everything isn't bad. Everything's pretty audible. It's a very hard thing to put my finger on.

Hey I think the main guitar riff is a tad dominant and things generally could be more cohesive, as opposed to each instrument/ piece sounding like a thing unto itself...in a way.

Interesting song, Manslick

Yes, dig it, reminds me of a cross between Iggy Pop , Lou Reed... great guitar ,vocals, and lyrics.. no nits, will play this at my next back yard bonfire, from the top of my coconut tree!
Great song !!!

I think the song has a 70's vibe to it. I liked particularly because it doesnt sound overproduced. Nice job!

Back