M Audio Oxegen 49 3rd Gen question

ConorC

Hi all,
I have an opportunity to pick up one of these second hand. From the reviews I've read it's a pretty good keyboard. I wonder if I could get the general opinions of other users this keyboard is? I'll be using it as a home studio keyboard with Reaper, are there any issues with this that I should no about?

Thanks

Conor

Not much, its still pretty budget, and some slate m audios keys...but if youre not looking for the expression of a piano it will be fine, though if after touch is important to you get an axiom...im on my third m audio keyboard and it never lets me down

Hi Kcearl,
I have no idea what after touch is. I'm a terrible keyboard player, and totally self taught. I know nothing other than just from fooling around on a keyboard myself.

Then it will be fine ;)

Aftertouch is an expression for when youve already struck a key then hold it and press it down harder, some instrument sounds can be manipulated a little more with this...like an organs rotary speaker, or a synths vibrato...its not crucial, some people never use it...

Well, I bought it at the weekend and I've been doing lessons to combat my self taught bad habits and maybe learn to play properly. I'm very pleased with this keyboard so far. Thanks for the info Kcearl.

Back