Light In Your Heart (Reggae, Dub)

Hey I really like the guitar sound. What sort of setup do you have? Really love the reverb swells too around the 2 minute mark. My only one comment and I’m certainly no expert is that the kick sounds a bit ‘pokey’. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just what my ears picked up on. Great track overall!

Thanks for the listen - recording direct-in with a bunch of pedals; an assortment of drives and preamps, an autowah, plus torpedo cab.

Kick sounds warmer. Timing wise it sounds slightly ahead of the ‘click’ beat too I think? Is that intentional? Do you have the original version you uploaded to make it easier to do an a/b comparison. Good stuff :-)

Kick sounds warmer. Timing wise it sounds slightly ahead of the ‘click’ beat too I think? Is that intentional? Do you have the original version you uploaded to make it easier to do an a/b comparison. Good stuff :-)

Hey yes it is slightly ahead, perhaps I should nudge it back slightly? I was mainly trying to create more separation between the kick and rimshot, which are layered. Might dial back the vol. of the kick slightly.

Original is here SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Last edited:
Thanks -- yeah, I was wondering if the kick could be nudged back ever so slightly. But I suspect it's just personal taste tbh!

Back