LED KEY for the Behringer 6-In-1 CT100 Cable Tester

CableTied

I can't wait to purchase the above piece of kit after reading reviews on Amazon and across music and recording forums on the internet. However one request that crops up repeatedly, despite the oft repeated statement that it's all pretty much intuitive to use, is for a user guide as to what the displayed led's indicate. An awful lot of people - obviously mainly relative newcomers to home recording - don't know what display a good cable let alone a faulty one should show.

There is no instruction manual or sheet regards to such specifics with this product and the wording on the side is not sufficient for those who are not already well versed in faultfinding or signal tracing. It seems to be a bit of a 'best seller' so is there a proficient user of this item out there who could please take the time to give us a heads up as to what the various good working cable connections should show as?

Big thanks in advance to anyone who can assist and i'm sure via Google a solution will bring many new visitors to these forums :)

Arcaxis is right. It IS pretty intuitive once you have it in your hand to play with; however, I'm a bit slow and really had to think it thru then draw a diagram to keep with the tester.....especially since I don't have frequent need to test cables. I have only tested XLR, TRS and TS cables. Good XLR and TRS cables should display 3 lights like the "3" on a dice. Working TS cables should display 5 lights like the "5" on a dice. Once you have reset the intermittent lights (they will come on when you plug cables in,) they should NEVER come on when you wiggle the cables or connectors.

I have never tested MIDI or TT cables so I haven't taken the time to think them thru. Sometimes I stop to think about something and forget to start again!

Printable Behringer CT100 Cable Tester LED Legend

Folks,
FWIW, here's a little legend sized to fit on the back of the tester. It's nice that the unit tells you what's connected to what, but this gives us a quick visual as to what's "good" for several common cable types. You can print the attached PDF, cut the graphic out, and stick it on the back of the unit. Hope it's useful to someone.

CableTestLegend.jpg

Attachments

• BehringerCT100TesterLegend.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 441
Back