Just picked up sonar

Lungsh0t

Help with latency - Sonar 8.1

Ok so I got a copy of sonar 8.x and patched it up. 32bit version running on 64 bit win7 machine.
Specs:
49KPc.png

I also picked up this thinking it might be useful.
Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 Guitar to USB Interface
http://goo.gl/uARzv

So here is the deal -
When recording I can't seem to get the latency right. I plug my bass into the guitar link, select the appropriate driver and input / output. I get sound just fine, the only problem is that it is behind. I have jacked with the latency adjustment controls until I am blue in the face but it still is just not quite right. It isn't terrible, but its just not right.
Here is a recording I made to demonstrate the point.

I pride myself on being a rhythmically "solid" bass player, this totally hacks me off. Any suggestions??
Throwing away the guitar link is most likely the answer, please suggest something similar in the range of 200-300 bucks that might fix the problem.

Last edited:
Ok so I got a copy of sonar 8.x and patched it up. 32bit version running on 64 bit win7 machine.
Specs:
49KPc.png

I also picked up this thinking it might be useful.
Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 Guitar to USB Interface
http://goo.gl/uARzv

So here is the deal -
When recording I can't seem to get the latency right. I plug my bass into the guitar link, select the appropriate driver and input / output. I get sound just fine, the only problem is that it is behind. I have jacked with the latency adjustment controls until I am blue in the face but it still is just not quite right. It isn't terrible, but its just not right.
Here is a recording I made to demonstrate the point.

I pride myself on being a rhythmically "solid" bass player, this totally hacks me off. Any suggestions??
Throwing away the guitar link is most likely the answer, please suggest something similar in the range of 200-300 bucks that might fix the problem.

I've got a Tascam US122 with direct monitoring just laying around not being used. Pick it up after rehearsal and see how that works for you.:cool: It was a real workhorse for me.

Back