Jupiter (EDM-ish)

danielodland

Hey all. My first post here (there will be many).

First I wanna ask whether it is preferred that I post all my songs in the same thread, or should I make a new thread for each song?

Second, my name is Daniel. I live in Norway and make all sorts of music. There has been a lot of rock and metal and now I'm getting a bit tired of the democracy and diplomacy of bands. So I wanna get into electronic music.

What is the hardest about it, though, is not having peer feedback. Which brings me here =)

So please, feel free to say whatever you feel about the song. I will not defend myself so please go ahead and say what comes to mind. I really appreciate details though, so I'd love for you to provide info about where in the song you are referencing (time maybe, e.g. 1:45 or whatever).

Thanks a lot all!

Daniel

Attachments

• jupiter_11.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 15
Welcome to the board. I would post one song per thread. But post them over a period of time - don't create 10 threads with 10 songs all at once.

I thought this was cool enough. Electronic is not my thing, but I thought this was OK.

A couple of things that struck me... The rhythm wasn't powerful enough. The snare sample was quite thin, weak, and slappy. The kick was decent.

The other thing that struck me was that some of the tones had a little fizz or static sound to them. It got a little tough on the ears after listening for a while.

Listen to other opinions too. And keep posting.

Comment on other people's tunes too. I can almost guarantee that even the most experienced people on the board would still be interested in what you have to say. It will also help you improve your listening skills.

Hi and thanks for your feedback and kind words.

I agree about the snare, it's not really prominent enough. It needs tightening and a bit more presence in the mix maybe?

I will take your comments to heart and have another look at the mix.

Daniel

So I took your advice and made another mix. I also added a pad in the drop to add a bit in the lower mids.

Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• jupiter_16.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 4
Back