Jove

stratmonkee

Heres a new one my buddy and I just finished. He wrote the lyrics; I did the rest. Working on getting my crappy vocals a bit clearer in the mix...

I jove it!

never know what to expect with your unique style..the mixes you come up with have come a long way.

at 2.37 you are shooting lazers at me..awesome

Really cool vibe to the song. Excellent overall feel.

I'd maybe back off the vocal effects just a bit. Do you have two takes panned out a bit? Something about the vocal sounds unfocused.

Love the lead guitar.

I thought the bass was a little too loud, too much low end, and could use a little warmth.

Drums sound real nice to my ear.

I like the stereo effects... like on the bass. and then the "lasers/phasers" in the middle break. Cool and not overdone.

I jove it!

never know what to expect with your unique style..the mixes you come up with have come a long way.

at 2.37 you are shooting lazers at me..awesome
Cool, yeah that lazer thing is a quick string slide thru a wacky delay plugin..i liked the way it sounded so isolated it and brought it up in the mix. Thanks for the listen !!!
Really cool vibe to the song. Excellent overall feel.

I'd maybe back off the vocal effects just a bit. Do you have two takes panned out a bit? Something about the vocal sounds unfocused.

Love the lead guitar.

I thought the bass was a little too loud, too much low end, and could use a little warmth.

Drums sound real nice to my ear.

I like the stereo effects... like on the bass. and then the "lasers/phasers" in the middle break. Cool and not overdone.
Hey triple M, I have exactly that, 2 vocals panned left and right...I am going to center them and maybe lower 1 a bit. What freq would you cut possibly on Bass gtr? I really struggle getting a good bass guitar tone..I think I need to pay more attention to my initial tone when tracking...I kind of just let it rip with the bass guitar tracking, while with guitar, I'm really picky hahaha...thanks for the good word on the guitar stuff...I'm pretty pleased how that came out ;>)

What freq would you cut possibly on Bass gtr?
I don't think it's super-low - I'm guessing I'd cut around 120hz.

But as a comparison I'd also try to do a low shelf cut on the bass. Like take everything below 180hz or so and pull it down by ~2db or so.

Compare those two approaches and see what you like best.

I don't think it's super-low - I'm guessing I'd cut around 120hz.

But as a comparison I'd also try to do a low shelf cut on the bass. Like take everything below 180hz or so and pull it down by ~2db or so.

Compare those two approaches and see what you like best.
Thanks for the tips, I did pull in the panning on the lead vocals, and laso did exactly what you suggest on bass, low shelf cut at 180 hz, -2db. I think its much "cleaner " sounding now on both accounts (vocals, and bass guitar). As always, I appreciate your feedback and tips! Here is a link to new mix...on to new things!

Back