is akai closing down?

I hope not!

If that's the case, I ought to hurry up and get the version 1.52 upgrade. Do you know anything about it? There's no readily available information on the website.

Don't take this to the bank,but I read on another BBS that they filed for bankruptcy and that Roland is trying to buy them out!

I wouldn't worry about it... Akai is such a well known and respected brand that even if they go bankrupt SOMEONE will buy them. But you better get all your updates now just in case.

Akai Electric has gone *POOF*, quite correct. How and if that affects Akai Musical Instruments, which makes the samplers and stuff, I don't know. Hopefully not at all...

Akai took bancruptcy a couple of months ago and is re-organizing/refinancing. Many of the large Japanese electronic companies have had to file for bancruptcy or are very close to it. There is a major credit crisis in that country and it doesn't look good for any of them. Akai might recover but they could also sell off their musical equipment division if it isn't making money.

Do a search at http://www.google.com and you can get the details.

I wouldn't let this stop anyone from buying their products because I think ALL the Japanese manufacturers are in trouble and you have to have something to record with. A wildly overvalued stock market tied to insanely inflated real estate and a corrupt government has been a recipe for economic disaster. Unfortunately, the 9 year tailspin has many more painfull years ahead.

My manual reads another language.

Im still trying to figure out how to hook up an external effects unit. AKai tech help did not help me.

If anyone could help me I would give them a great big hug!
not really....but please does anyone have any insight.

John

external effects

sondriven - what are you having trouble with regarding your external effect processor? I use my quadraveb all the time, so I might can help. Let me know what you are using and I will try to help you figure out the problem.

you think the akai manual sucks? try reading the roland!

i've read them both, and the akai is a dream....

I'll second that one, drew!!!

Roland manuals look like they're written in Swahili.... backwards!

Re: external effects

ffmada,

Hey, Im not having problems with my effects unit, I cant figure out how to hook it up to the Akai.

I have a small korg multi-fx unit. With an standard 1/4" input/output. All I want to do is hook it up to the DPS16 using I believe the Aux Inputs. Just so I can use the korg phaser instead of the akai's built in effect.

I got an answer from Akai Tech Support and they told me to run a cable out of the aux send 1 to the input of the korg effects unit. (heres where they throw me) Then run a cable back into the Akai, turn up the master and youre done. They dont tell me where to run the last cable, just put it into the Akai somewhere??!!!??@#$$*(*($&

That confused me some...

Thats my story and problem, please help if you can.

I very much appreciate it!

John

I got an answer from Akai Tech Support and they told me to run a cable out of the aux send 1 to the input of the korg effects unit. (heres where they throw me) Then run a cable back into the Akai, turn up the master and youre done. They dont tell me where to run the last cable, just put it into the Akai somewhere??!!!??@#$$*(*($&

Well, they are correct. Just put into the akai somewhere.
If the Akai has effect return, you can put the effect return into the effect return inputs. :)
OR
You can put then into the normal inputs. That may be a good thing anyway, since you then can use the filters on the effects.

On page 21 of the DPS16 manual they explain the easiest method. Use one or two of the 4 aux sends out to the input of the effects device. Then run a cable from the output of the effects to one or two (if it's) stereo of the input jacks of the DPS16. You can also return the signal via the send if you use the right cable and then on the channel view page, change the 'send' to 'insert'..... that's explained (sort of ) on page 154.

Maybe Akai will get it's own forum on this site. I'll bet there are enough users by now. Dragon ?

Back to the original subject. Is Akia going down. The answer is NO. Go to http://www.akiapro.com and read press releases. Everything you want to know about this deal on Akia is there. Now everyone can take a deep breath and inhale.

Back