Import PC files to the MR16

Argus Vidicon

Question for anyone willing to answer. Is there a way to use the WavManager software to put tracks onto the MR16 that were created outside of the MR16. Such as tracks created in Acid or Audition. Maybe even a drum track created with a PC Drum Machine. I can be sure that the .wav file properties are the same a s what the MR16 seems to export which seem to be 705kbps, 16 bit mono, 44khz, and of course PCM.
I'd hate to do this without at least first asking here. I feel like trying it anyway, but don't want to ruin my Fostex MR16

Yes WavManager will export to the MR16 BUT you must get the conditions and the Track naming right. Download all the relevant manuals to get the info correct.

Thank you for the reply, I believe I have all the relevant manuals. I got impatient and have done the testing. All went very good, and I guessed to just copy and past what the MR16 gives to the file name for track 1 (tr01). This may all work out well. I also exported/imported some of my dry Guitar tracks from the MR16 to the PC and added FX and volume changes in Adobe Audition and some other things in Sound Forge. Not changing the tempo or length hopefully kept everything in line. All these things worked very well, and that's a good thing. There are many post production type changes I may like to make to an individual track on the PC. With enough testing I think it's all going to be pretty cool. Again ... Thank You for the reply, that's why I came here to this forum, and I will be back. I may be able to help someone else someday. I won't begin to mention what I know about Audio/Video Production. Just not the MR16, at least not yet :)

Back