I Saw the Light (Hank Williams Cover)

Nice old timey sound. Volume was no problem. Guitar was low, but to me that sounded correct. I am only mentioning that in case you were wondering.

The guitar being so low is really the way to mix a song like this.

I really liked, of course I am a big Hank fan. Can't say enough good things.

Nice old timey sound. Volume was no problem. Guitar was low, but to me that sounded correct. I am only mentioning that in case you were wondering.

The guitar being so low is really the way to mix a song like this.

I really liked, of course I am a big Hank fan. Can't say enough good things.
Thanks so much. Hank was obviously a legend...we want to keep the legend alive!

Hank's the man. I think you've got just the right amount of reverb there. Mix sounds good to my ears.

I already commented on Youtube. I've been a fan since I heard "Snow Day". I still put it on when I want to feel happy(er).

Don't know the original but this version sounds very worthy.
Good performances and nice open recording, no rumbles or intrusive noises.
I have the same problem with loudness. Best way I've found is turn up the source guitar, mic preamp and get a good level into your DAW

Honestly, I'm really missing Hank's "swing" here lol...
Does have an interesting feel though... Try finger picking instead of that hard rhythmic strum ;)

I really enjoyed this! I only had one thought. Maybe cut a little low mids (250-400k?) from the main vocals. Might sound slightly more “old-timey” and not so round…if that makes sense. But sounds beautiful as-is…love it!

I really enjoyed this! I only had one thought. Maybe cut a little low mids (250-400k?) from the main vocals. Might sound slightly more “old-timey” and not so round…if that makes sense. But sounds beautiful as-is…love it!
Good thoughts, thank you. Next time we do something in this style I'll look at that range closer.

Back