I made an audio plugin search engine

To help you find audio plugins I made an audio plugin search engine where you can search through 10’000 audio plugins.

Try it here:
https://audiobazooka.com

It is still constantly gathering data and improving. Let me know what you think 🙂. Any feedback is appreciated!
It's pretty cool - but why would anyone need to search 10,000 plugins? Super Redundancy!

I'm confused - searching for the search term and VSTi seems to generate the same thing? what have I missed? It works fine with piano, guitar etc - but how does it find things difficult to describe. I've got lots that seem to defy pigeon holes?

I'm confused - searching for the search term and VSTi seems to generate the same thing? what have I missed? It works fine with piano, guitar etc - but how does it find things difficult to describe. I've got lots that seem to defy pigeon holes?
1. Can you share some of your search terms that are difficult to describe and seem to defy pigeon holes? I'm still improving the search algorithm and would like to make it work for as wide variety of search terms as possible.
2. You said that: "searching for the search term and VSTi seems to generate the same thing?". What did you expect, how should the searches have differed?

Isn't this pretty much what KVR does and has done for almost 20 years?
Yes! But I think there is space for more. AudioBazooka has a different search algorithm and also a different database of audio plugins, and I'm working towards making the interface very straightforward and simple. AudioBazooka works in that it scrapes plugins from manufacturers sites directly instead of relying on people to submit them, so in time I expect to have a much bigger database. Also my search algorithm will be more biased towards discovery, rather than direct matches.

Well, I’m looking for a synthy, string patch that has seamless cross fades for long notes and good attack for short ones, with a metallic timbre. I’m also looking for a realistic funk type brass section heavy on saxes and trumpets but no bones. The manufacturers rarely describe sounds in a way that I do. Why do you think thee is a need for a different search engine? Surely if google can’t find it why would yours be better. I’m just uncertain you’ve identified a genuine need?

even worse are non synth and sample plugins, where it’s processing stuff. The crazy names and claims mean looking for these is even dafter!

To help you find audio plugins I made an audio plugin search engine where you can search through 10’000 audio plugins.

Try it here:
https://audiobazooka.com

It is still constantly gathering data and improving. Let me know what you think 🙂. Any feedback is appreciated!
I did a few tests searches for trumpet, banjo, piano. The results were in there, although I found it odd that many of the first results for trumpet and banjo weren't either, but there were some specific plugins listed a bit further down the list. There were also fewer results overall than I was expecting.

It would be nice to have some sort options for the results, like reviews or pricing. Sometimes I'm fine with free if it's good enough.

Back