How to feed microphone signal to both mixer and audio interface

i think the SM7B on stage, being sung into with your lips on the foam will be fine. I use one at a distance and that’s where the issues are. On stage the real problem is of course the weight. Boom stands will droop, and non boom stands mean strumming a guitar and singing is tricky. To be honest, live, with a little mixer and speakers, perhaps on sticks you would find the SM58 more convenient, and less scary when you trip and it hits the floor!

Hi,
I want to sing through a microphone and have the signal go to two places:
1) To my mixer (which feeds into speakers)
2) Into my audio interface (which feeds into my computer and ultimately my DAW where I record what I'm singing)

So I want to record through the interface and listen live through the mixer. I of course know I can monitor through the interface via headphones or speakers plugged into the interface, but I don't want to do that for reasons which I won't go into to save time.

Two questions:
1) Is this possible without loss of signal/quality?
2) What kind of cable do I need to accomplish this?
What kind of mixer? I would just feed the Mixer Left/Right to the Speakers - then the Mixers Aux outs to the Interface.

"
About you saying "FCS rig this lot up somewhere and check it out cuz one does not want to look a total tit on stage!".... Can you explain what you mean here in layman's terms... Not sure I understand.
Thanks!"
Wilco! "For heaven's sake rig the 7b and the PA system in a room somewhere close to the room size where you might perform"

I say this so that you can test out the feedback properties of both the 7b and the 58. If you can get enough level*with the 7b, fine. I suspect you will not. It is a bit of a cliche on TV programmes that PA systems HAVE to ring and feedback but in the real world it is VERY unprofessional to let it happen.

*known 'in the trade' as 'Gain Before Ring' GBR. You will always get a bit more GBF once a room is filled with people.

Dave.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying! Definitely will do!
Gene

Back