How to do this in Cubase?

Normal Bill

Normal Bill
I want to make a video of me jamming on my EWI but I want to do it so I can take the sound directly from Cubase. I don't really want to do it with the mic from the camera necessarily. I could but I think it would sound better direct.

My EWI is controlling a VST running native in Cubase. ( Cubase 11 pro)

I have a looped section of a larger song and I'm jamming over it.

Now do I have to render that section as an audio and then just copy and paste over and over? Then leave my one VST running?

Do I leave all the virtual instruments up and copy and paste all of it over and over?

Is there an easier way in the recording phase where I can just record a long track over a short section?

Thanks

• modify_inline.gif
    Modify post
  • more...
I'm Bill and I'm just a normal guy.

You don't say what camera you're using, or what video editer you use.
I have used GoPro Hero3 for video, and then pasted in a Cubase recording for sound.
Often it is not much better than the GoPro mic.
Then comes the fun of synching the sound with the video, by trial and error, and much shifting a bit.
You can get good results fairly easily.

IEM trying to work out what you’re doing? What you are doing I think is trying to play a short loop, within Cubase but wanting to record the complete thing? I’d simply copy and paste the loop to last the right amount of time, the. Just record as normal. This is so simple I think I must have misunderstood you? The you take the video and either edit it in your editor and export the audio track from Cubase, or bring the video track into a Cubase video track? Sync can be pretty simple just include a loud snare drum hit or something that you can see in the audio track of the video and use this to align the video track with the audio ones.

Thank you.
No problem syncing. I just wanted to see if there was a better idea for recording my jam over the loop within cubase instead of pasting the loop a hundred times, I guess.
Is there like an automatic multi-lane recording or something?

Yes there is but that would nest the new tracks within the loop markers, so you’d need to then move those into a longer track. oddly, pasting one section over and over was one of the first things Cubase automated back in the mid 90’s so it must be something they thought important, but oddly your needs hasnt been noticed?

Thanks @rob aylestone
I guess it would be a weird feature to have the one small section loop but then keep recording along the timeline somehow.
Because what I'm doing is improvised it's hard to know how many loops to cut and paste .... I might just go on for hours.... okay maybe not. :-)

Back