How to adjust latency settings in Sonar home studio 7 xl??????????

ASG

Ive got an m audio oxygen 49 hooked up to my laptop for sonar, but theres a huge delay when i press a note before sound comes out of my monitors. if i was to slide my hand down on the keys, after i pressed the last key thered be almost a whole second delay before hearing the last note. Where do i go in sonar to adjust these settings? Would i have to adjust the settings for each soft synth individually?? or is it somewhere in the main menu?? thanks

I have Producer 8.53 so I can't comment on exactly where you need to go to look, but there is a 'Mixing Latency' slider under Audio Options that I adjust to make my midi keyboards more spot on...
:)

thanks i got to the options but idk what to mess with, the sample rate? driver mode? dithering? record latency adjustment? i dont know what half that stuff is lol, or wether or not the problem is sonar or my laptop? have you ever had this problem?

thanks i got to the options but idk what to mess with, the sample rate? driver mode? dithering? record latency adjustment? i dont know what half that stuff is lol, or wether or not the problem is sonar or my laptop? have you ever had this problem?

If you would post some of your specs, I might be able to help. What sound card/audio device? What driver/mode are you wanting to record in? What is your current buffer setting?

ok my laptop is a toshiba satellite L645D-S4030, running win7 proffesional 64 bit (i hear 64 bit has all kinds of problems), 4gb Ram, 320gb hard drive, dual core 230 GHz. im not sure what sound card, whatever came stock with the computer, but the device im trying to use is the m audio oxygen 49 controller. Im not sure what to say about driver/mode, when i hooked the controller up for the first time windows found the driver automatically, so i never used the driver disc. Dont know what to say about buffer setting either, just dont know what it means, but under mixing latency in sonar it says buffers in playback queue: which is 4, and a slider titled buffer size that says 100.0msec. can someone explain all that?

im not sure what sound card, whatever came stock with the computer...

LATENCY is the delay caused by your soundcard (not your controller) and the soundcard drivers.

Sorry, but ALL built-in soundcards have about 40cents worth of parts and horrible drivers.
They're built for beeps, boops and light gaming, not what we do.

You REALLY need to get an external soundcard with real asio low-latency drivers we need to use.
A $50-100 and up investment will give you a HUGE improvement.

Here's a good starter guide: Audio Interfaces and Soundcards

Temporarily you can download the ASIO4all drivers that will lessen your latency,
but you'll still be listening and making judgements on 40cents worth of chips.....

I adjusted the latency in Sonar 6 to 1000. Try it....or another value to see if it helps.

Attachments

• Audio.jpg
    Audio.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 16
Back