How long ago did Alesis discontinue the HD24 and HD24XR ?

Joel76

I'm just curious since I just bought a XR off ebay.

I bought a HD24 back around 2000 or 2001 for $2000 if I remember right. After computer recording took off didn't keep up on these old school recorders and when they got phased out. Mine sat for probably 15 years and then got back into recording.... it still works!

I like the old school taper recorder feel and the simple editing features, I'm just hoping this new XR (on the way) still has some life left in it.

Anyone know if you can date these unit by SN or something else? :confused:

Joel,

Not sure as I have not looked at either of mine, but the XR version stopped being manufactured around 2009, after I think they were bought out.

Not long after the HD24 was released, Alesis had serious financial troubles and I believe that this stopped the HD24 BRC from being developed. which was a real shame as the ADAT BRC unit doesn't work all that well with the HD24 --- well it doesn't on my two HD24s.

David

Joel,

Not sure as I have not looked at either of mine, but the XR version stopped being manufactured around 2009, after I think they were bought out.

Not long after the HD24 was released, Alesis had serious financial troubles and I believe that this stopped the HD24 BRC from being developed. which was a real shame as the ADAT BRC unit doesn't work all that well with the HD24 --- well it doesn't on my two HD24s.

David
My BRC won't put my HD24 into record mode. Most of the other functions work without a poblem. I was wondering if it was capable of doing that or if there is something wrong with the switch. I have an old adat kicking around. I think I will break it out and hook up the BRC to it to find out if the button (switch) is actually working. Probably the quickest way to find out if the switch is shot.

My BRC won't put my HD24 into record mode. Most of the other functions work without a poblem. I was wondering if it was capable of doing that or if there is something wrong with the switch. I have an old adat kicking around. I think I will break it out and hook up the BRC to it to find out if the button (switch) is actually working. Probably the quickest way to find out if the switch is shot.
So the procedure I outlined didn't work or have you not tried it yet?

Back