How can I get this to work?

Soundshop

Hi! New guy here to forum and recording. Okay, here’s what I want to do and what I have…
I have an 8 track recorder and still want to use it with my newer set up, because I just love the thing and I don’t always want to use Cubase.
So, I have Tascam DP-03SD (8 track recorder) and want to be able to use it with my Mackie ProFX16 V3 (plugged into my PC by USB cable) I have Cubase 12, and two JBL 3 series monitors.
I had a Mackie Mix 8 and I was able to use the red and white RCA jacks to record which went directly to the Tascam and monitors respectively.
Both inputs on the monitors are plugged into the Mackie - the main outs (which leaves me with two 1/4 jacks left for more monitors) and into the control room jacks (it plays audio back from my PC).
Right now, I have five synths plugged in inputs 2-6 on the mixer.
I haven’t really used cubase too much and I haven’t recorded any external instruments with it.
And I’m also trying not to constantly disconnect or reconnect my equipment to get stuff to work.
Thanks!

I have the similar DP-08EX, on which I can export individual channel files, via SD card.
This means I shoud be able to move tracks between the recorder and Cubase, either way.
The DP-03 will be older, and might not allow this.
It looks like you have a good setup there, adding the Mackie for routing instruments to the DP03.

Back