Help with panning in Reaper

Mr. Cachi

Hello everyone, when I try to hard pan two mono guitar tracks, reaper just lowers the volume on one side (even when panned 100%, you can still hear the track on the oposite side). The master track is in stereo, and I´ve tried all panning modes, without success. Has this happenned to any of you?

Is there something wrong with your monitoring chain maybe? e.g. is there interference on your headphone cable?

Is your OS doing any audio processing? A lot of times, Windows et al will add some reverb and other stereo effects to on-board audio.

Do you see the meters on the channel showing a signal on the side you're panned away from?

If you solo the track, does this still happen? Make sure yo don't have 'solo in front' turned on. Also, mute any effects any where.

When I peg Reaper left or right, it goes 100% left or right. When I have a send to a reverb bus, I hear the reverb only on the opposite channel. If you are hearing sound in the opposite channel, you have something turned on somewhere that is feeding both sides.

Back