Help a newbie with some studio set up questions.

johncan0508

Hey, I'm John, a new member of this forum, I joined because I have a question about the possibility of adding some hardware into the mix of my current set up.

As it stands, I have FL studio producer edition installed on my computer, I use a midi keyboard (m oxygen audio pro mini) and also I plug in my guitar into my focusrite 2i2 audio interface to record guitar samples to add to my beats and my sound comes from my monitors of my pc. I've just invested in a boss gt100 multi effects pedal board and I'm excited to add that into the mix, I'm also planning to invest in a boss rc30 loop station.

My hope is to be able to use the boss gt100 to give my guitar some effects and loop multiple layers using the rc30, but I would also like to record drum loops using the FPC plugin on FL studio, using my pads off my midi keyboard to create the drum pattern and then Loop it with the RC 30. Would this be possible? If so, could some body please give me advice on how to set this up accordingly? I imagine it would be, guitar into boss gt100, then cable the gt100 to the RC30, and then cable the RC30 to my focusrite 2i2. Would this be right? I've searched the internet for this question to be answered and struggled to find relevant info, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading, and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

I imagine it would be, guitar into boss gt100, then cable the gt100 to the RC30, and then cable the RC30 to my focusrite 2i2. Would this be right?
Yes - this. ^^^^^^

The Scarlett 2i2 has DI capability - which means YES - you can plug your guitar, guitar effects unit, loop pedal, etc. directly into it.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs up:

Back