Headphone Advice Needed

Mickster

Ok....here's the deal. As with a million of us......I'm still dealing with trying to get my mixing room "right" (as in treatment). But...since it's a bedroom (wife calls it a second guest room....get it?)......well.....it's only going to get just so right...you know? My mixes translate very well (using KRK 6 inch monitors) except for.......of course....the bottom end (due to the room). When I'm doing the final mix I'm in the habit of taking a CD-RW down to my living room stereo and out to my car stereo to get some reference points. 100% of the time......if there's a problem....it's the bass and it's too "much".....or the like. I normally fix it and move on. I use ATH-m50's when tracking. They're excellent for that but they seem to not be able to translate the bottom end well enough to signal a problem. I know....getting my room treated fully is the answer but....until then......does anyone have any advice as to the best cans to use for hearing the mix bass properly? If you want to laugh......I have a pair of $28 ear buds that seem to get the bass mix just right........but they suck otherwise. Thanks for listening.

No such thing. That's one of the (many) issues with headphones. You're never going to get low end you can trust.

Thanks Massive.......I guess I suspected as much. I'll just keep testing my mixes on my other systems. My neighbors must wonder why I'm always sitting in my car cranking tunes and going nowhere. Not a big deal.......just a pain.

Back