Hama Dynamic microphone DM-61 for pc?

Doma01

Hi!
I found this old microphone (Hama DM-61) at home, and im just curious if i could connect it somehow to my laptop. Its probably better than the integrated ones.
It has a 6.3 jack but i could easily convert it to 3.5. My laptop has a 3.5 combo jack. I tried to connect it but, my laptop does not recognize it. Any tips?

Hi!
I found this old microphone (Hama DM-61) at home, and im just curious if i could connect it somehow to my laptop. Its probably better than the integrated ones.
It has a 6.3 jack but i could easily convert it to 3.5. My laptop has a 3.5 combo jack. I tried to connect it but, my laptop does not recognize it. Any tips?

Laptop combination jacks are TRRS (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve). Is the mic a TS (Tip, Sleeve) connector? On my work mini PC, I have two jacks, one for headphone and the other for mic so with my headset for Teams calls, I use a splitter cable that is TRRS input to two TRS outputs, one for headphone and the other for mic. What you may need is the reverse. Look up TRRS to TRS adaptor on Amazon and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh i see. As i searched up TS and TRRS i see what you mean, and yes this old microphone is TS. It somehow worked with one of my speaker setups ( i rigged up an "adapter" using some copper wire and a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack). But with my laptop it did not. As is see this is a cheaper fix than an Audio Inteface. And probably i could get hold of it quicker.

Back