Guyatone Guitars..........

I really want to see a lawsuit ibanez in the flesh and the Yamaha SBG2000 that made all the american magazines stand up and take notice about what was going on in the far east.. Damn seeing the title of this thread pees me off, As I have french heritage, I was gonna call the guitars I put together guyatones... as it sounds rather like a bladed device that relieved many hundred people of their Heads during the 1700's . Has anyone here played a BlackMachine guitar and are they really so good that they'll want to make you sell all your other guitars. I've not even heard of the brand of pickups they use.. I'd like to make a carbon fibre foam sandwich bass, I used to built composite yachts for a living. A Foam sandwich core gives you extra strength almost like putting wood in between the outer layers of carbon, whilst barely increasing the weight of the product. I thought the rainsong guitars were gonna sound like absolute puss, until I heard one played, I couldnt believe how much they rang out!. I'm undecided whether to do it on the neck and have a chambered body or make both with a foam core. I could even use preimpregnated carbon (with epoxy resin) if I wanted to, my ex boss wouldnt mind me curing it in his big oven (they need to be heated for a couple of hours to kick off the glue.) Maybe I can put a mast and sail on it and sail it away lol

Last edited:
oh yes,. maybe he'll sink and die!

look, I can tell you that guitar building is no black art. There are much harder scarfing, jointing ,compound curves and bending wood and terms I'm not familiar with involved in antique or reliced furniture and designer furniture. Yes, you only need look at destroyallguitars.com to know that the world doesn't need another boutique guitar maker. But to never try is worse than to fail. I like to do things to prove I can do them anyway. If Rob Chapman can build a guitar, I'm sure I can do it lol

oh yes,. maybe he'll sink and die!

look, I can tell you that guitar building is no black art. There are much harder scarfing, jointing ,compound curves and bending wood and terms I'm not familiar with involved in antique or reliced furniture and designer furniture. Yes, you only need look at destroyallguitars.com to know that the world doesn't need another boutique guitar maker. But to never try is worse than to fail. I like to do things to prove I can do them anyway. If Rob Chapman can build a guitar, I'm sure I can do it lol
Then you should prove it instead of bashing others.

Back