Guitar VSTs

Dylan Craig

Hey all
I’m looking for recommendations for digital guitar modeling. I’ve used Guitar rig pretty extensively but find that the tones are lacking, could be my lack of knowledge with how to dial in good guitar tone (I’m a drummer.) If anyone has good experiences with other software that they would like to share I want to hear about it!

Hi Dylan! I actually like IK Amplitube quite a lot. In particular, I think that the Mesa Boogie collection is excellent. I love the Marshall-style models, too.

If you've got the money, Line 6 Helix is very good. I can't afford that, I have PodFarm, and it does take time to dial in.

Awesome, gonna look into it!... friend of mine has a helix and I really like the sound he gets from it... but it’s a hell of a price tag

Hi Dylan

Check out Positive Grid's Bias amps. So much control and in my opinion the closest to real amp "feel" i have gotten. Since Bias i haven't touched my Guitar Rig or Amplitube software. Plus you get to amp match like the Kemper units. I have matched around 15 amps, getting pretty damn close as far as software emulations go. Worth a look and very foordable for what you are getting.

Back