FS: Oktava MKL-5000 LDC tube mic

I actually do still have the Oktava MKL5000. I got literally 0 interest for it here and on Gearslutz since my original listing. I just stowed it away until 2 weeks ago when my RTT MKL-102 broke (another AEG-made LDC tube mic). I decided to give the MKL5000 another shot and just fell in love with it. I've been using it on my amp and it's really shining on acoustic archtop.

@west16: Have you tried emailing oktava-online.com? They are in Germany but i think they are the main connection to the Oktava factory. They sell direct to the US. I've purchased mics from them and they may be able to track a 5000 down for you. There is also an AEG (the factory that makes most Oktava/RTT/LOMO mics) dealer in Connecticut.

JRR still lists the EM-TM: Electro Harmonix EH-TM High End Tube Mic

The Lionheart is sold, sadly. :)

[can't edit original post to mark as sold]

First time that I've seen that happen!

I'll agree it was a long-shot. Sometime really niche gear sticks around, but not often. It's a great mic. I wish they still made it ... i think it was too big and therefore not practical for many professionals.

no i havent contact them yet but i spoke with some guys from oktava in russia factory and they said they can send me one directly from factory and the price for the new mkl5000 in russia is much cheaper than its here they only charge you 1000$ for a mic with shipping included. but in case you be willing to sell yours i might be interested in buying it localy so i dont need to wait a month or two to get it. let me know

no i havent contact them yet but i spoke with some guys from oktava in russia factory and they said they can send me one directly from factory and the price for the new mkl5000 in russia is much cheaper than its here they only charge you 1000$ for a mic with shipping included. but in case you be willing to sell yours i might be interested in buying it localy so i dont need to wait a month or two to get it. let me know

I would take that deal. I've been using my MKL-5000 while my MKL-102 is broken so am currently using it. Like i said in the first post, i paid $1750 for it new (which even at that time, 8 years ago, was a discount price). Did they tell you you would have to wait a month or more? I've gotten things from Russia usually in a week or two. I'll PM you for more info about your contact at Oktava. Thanks for posting back.

In Russia ..... Microphone sings to you. ;)

:D

Back