FlexTime Audio Quality Problem, Logic or my machine?

Rodd

Hi guys, hoping someone with knowledge could help fault find this.

I’m running an older version of Logic Pro V10.0 on a 2012 i5 dual core 2.5ghz Mac mini with SSD and 16gb ram. When ever I use FlexTime in attempt to tighten things up, the sound becomes weirdly distorted or garbled as if under water in certain places. To the point were the function becomes unusable. I know Logic has seen a few updates since the version I’m running, i was wondering if FlexTime was any better in the newer versions. I haven’t bothered doing the update yet but might do if it helps. I also wondered if the garbled sound could be due to my CPU? Which i admit is slow by current standards.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

I’ve never experienced any problems with flex time. I’m on 10.5 I think! Will have to check.

To rule out your cpu causing issues use flex time to do your edits and do a quick bounce down, see if it still does it. Did you try out polyphonic/monophonic etc?

It’s not right though, I can timestretch quite extreme with no weird glitches like you describe. I am sure I’ve ran it on an older version of logic (older than yours) just fine also. I am trying to think if there is some other cause for this...

(Edit: can you import your track into a new project so you are only dealing with 1 track and see if cures it? This would also rule out anything else that may be interferring with your flex moves. Or it might be glitching out in your particular project only? I’ve had the odd weird thing happen to me before in only certain saved projects...)

Back