First Sonar only magazine out now

jonbickley

Hi

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but thought you'd be interested to hear about the world's first magazine dedicated to Sonar. It's the new Music Tech Focus edition. 132 pages of pure Sonar with 17 Sonar 8 walkthroughs, four for Sonar 7, introduction features, a free DVD and a lot more.

Find out more at www.musictechmag.co.uk/mtm/focus

It's on sale in the UK now, Europe next week and USA/World in Jan. Or you can get it online at the address above.

Once again, I hope you don't find this posting inoffensive as I thought it would be of genuine interest.

All the best, Jon Bickley
Publisher Music Tech and Music Tech Focus

I actually came close to picking up their Ableton Live8 edition when I was browsing the bookstore mag rack last Saturday, too bad they didn't have the Sonar. $19.95 American for a mag though, whooo!

Looks interesting. Tempting, but the £9.00 price point seems a bit steep to me.

As the publisher you will already know this, but your target audience is not really professionals; its people like the users of this forum... students, hobbyists, etc... and most of us are working on quite tight budgets. With so many other things to worry about in life, £10 becomes quite a lot of money to drop on what is essentially a magazine, that may potentially contain no information helpful to me whatsover.

I'm already very competent in Sonar - am I going to find any power tips that I'm not already aware of and using? Am I going to want to refer to it and read relevant sections in detail, or am I going to flick through it once and forget about it? In effect, is this going to be the best use of that £10? With that money I could put 100 miles worth of fuel in my car, just as an example.

On top of that, for not much more money I could buy a 700+ page book dedicated to Sonar 8.

Last edited:
I buy them all...cant say they are all that informative if you've already worked with the programme they are featuring, much better as an introduction to someone unsure of it...I just like to read them in the pub anyway, and I collect samples :)

I enjoy the instrument specific ones...give great tips on creating new presets/sounds but thats it Im afraid...and they cost me around $60 a month (checks over shoulder for wife)

Last edited:
Back