Few XLR Mic question (Newbie)

exomonkeyman

Hello there

I have some newbie question about XLR mics and control panels sorry if i throw some deep question in but i'm sure this community will know the answers n_n

1.XLR mic around a table yet there is no echo from each other mics? Is that the mics or the control panel they use? They all shout and yet there is no echo on bobs mic or Steve's mic where bob can be heard on Steve's mic. That just dose that happen.
Examples
I need more posts cant post examples

2.XLR Mixers, Compressors, Hard limiters, Pre-Amps. What do most of them do and dose one control panel do all of that. For example i need a good XLR mic that will let me shout and scream yet not make the audio distort. can the control panel remove more noise in the background.

Any help would ease my mind. Cheers.

1. Gates.

2. Mixers combine signals and usually allow you to sum those signals down to stereo or mono.

Compressors compress--- alter the original dynamics of the material. Essentially a compressor reacts to the dynamic content of the signal making quiet sounds louder and louder sounds quieter.

Hard limiters prevent a signal from going over a certain amount, but not without some artifacts when the amount being limited is really excessive.

A gate is kinda the opposite of a hard limiter. It cuts off the signal below a certain amount and only passes signal above the gate level.

Pre-amps amplify the signal from mic-level to line-level.

Mixers in general cannot remove noise from any source.

Also, "XLR" is just a common hardware standard for connecting devices to other devices, and not a type of microphone. The most common types of mics include dynamic, condensor, ribbon, and piezo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microphone

Last edited:
Back