ensoniq asr x pro

I've used it before, it has ill sounds (drums) and stuff, but what do you want to do, cause it doesnt have a sequencer 1, no tracks 2, it's simply a souped drum machine.
Now the MPC 2000/3000 have a screen which gives you unlimited (well 99) tracks to use, give you mixing options, sound levels, blends,you can use it as a controller (midi)
if you just want to sample and make beats, MPC is better

hey-yo thanks for the info, i am starting my own home studio with the goal of starting my own record label. i had my eyes on this piece of equipment and the mpc 2000/3000. your response is the first one. my word of mouth survey says mpc but my cyber survey only produced on comment. do you know of anyone else who have used this product. again thanx for the info

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLISS:
I've used it before, it has ill sounds (drums) and stuff, but what do you want to do, cause it doesnt have a sequencer 1, no tracks 2, it's simply a souped drum machine.
Now the MPC 2000/3000 have a screen which gives you unlimited (well 99) tracks to use, give you mixing options, sound levels, blends,you can use it as a controller (midi)
if you just want to sample and make beats, MPC is better
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo! B fa' real I dont know many heads that used the ASR-X, I really dont, it's a good machine, I'm not doubting it, but for COMPATIBILITY amongst drum machine -- you can get a greater library with MPC's and as for starting your studio ASR-X is good too, you can go either way, dont feel like you SHOULDNT get it, it's good, but far as what other studios have and their set-ups MPC is the way to go, and also the set-up on the MPC is more useful, ASR-X doesnt have a screen

Back