[DOUBT] Recovering audio recorded with microphone

Livia_Sa

Hi there,

I would be very grateful if you could help me, even if it were to redirect me to another topic or site where I could find a solution.

2 years ago, my co-worker recorded audio files using a microphone on my workplace's computer. Now that I need those files, she told me that they were too low, and indeed half of them were low, which I solved by amplifying the audio with Adobe Audition CS6. Now I can hear them loud and clear. But this didn't work on the other half as the audio became noise only after I amplified it.

I am hoping that I can, somehow, recover these files, because they are very important and I cannot record them again. I really need the original ones. Thanks in advance guys, I hope you can help. It's extremely important to me.

Can you post a small section (5 or 10 seconds)?

The general rule though is 'you got what you got and that's all you're gonna get'.

Hi there,

I would be very grateful if you could help me, even if it were to redirect me to another topic or site where I could find a solution.

2 years ago, my co-worker recorded audio files using a microphone on my workplace's computer. Now that I need those files, she told me that they were too low, and indeed half of them were low, which I solved by amplifying the audio with Adobe Audition CS6. Now I can hear them loud and clear. But this didn't work on the other half as the audio became noise only after I amplified it.

I am hoping that I can, somehow, recover these files, because they are very important and I cannot record them again. I really need the original ones. Thanks in advance guys, I hope you can help. It's extremely important to me.

How did you amplify the 'other' half?

Yes, post samples of the ones that are giving you issues. There is only so much you can do, but you may be able to do something.

Thank you for replying.

I fear that it really didn't capture anything at all, but, that was what I thought about the others before I was able to recover them. :) I amplified using the effect "Amplify" in Adobe Audition CS6.

I am sendind a piece of one of the files that I couldn't recover, before and after amplifying (see, I say that I couldn't recover it because even after amplifying it I can't hear anything... It wasn't like this with the other half of the files, which I was able to hear people speaking loud and clear after amplifying).
View attachment Sound_after.mp3View attachment Sound_before.mp3

PS.: I don't know if I am expressing myself well, but by amplifying I mean making the files louder.

Last edited:
I agree -- I don't see any signal at all in the "before." Amplify that enough and you get the random noise that's in the "after."

Back