does anybody here have a studio in a 10x10 space?

Ten foot square rooms can be nice and cosy for one person when they have the right 'sound'. For me - it's physical space for people and things. If you have a few synths, a guitar/bass amp then 10x10 would work happily for me. If you have bands in, clearly not. If it's mainly just you, fine!

Hi,

My studio measures 6'6" x 12' which is rather tight for space but as I'm only playing violins I manage; I've squeezed a lot into the studio including lots of bench space the bench top lined with heavy "carpet runners" to protect the violins when they are put down. I've added 16 x 13A sockets and 3 x LED 4' strip lights; its very cosy and being an extension added to the rear of our bungalow I'm out of sight and out of sound.

Studio_0001.JPG
Very cosy with just enough space to play a violin. Floor fully carpeted.

Studio_0002.JPG
Bench tops covered with "carpet runners" to protect my violins, £15 well spent for the runners which are 24" wide being perfect fit for the bench tops.

Studio_0003.JPG
My studio previously used as my vintage radio restoration workshop absolutely crammed with test gear and vintage radios; I restored well over 100 of these radios the hobby spanning ten years; I cleared the lot to make way for learning to play a violin; I like big challenges but it shows what can be achieved in a small space; the mug of tea is the most important item and still remains so.

Kind regards, Colin.

My studio used to be 10'6"x10', and also housed a dining hutch, typical home office supplies and storage, and had 2 door openings, another door and 2 windows. Mixing was challenging, to say the least.

I spent several months in a 10x11 room while my current space was being built & outfitted. I stuffed as much broadband trapping in there that I could. I'd like to forget that it ever happened. There were 40dB nulls, 20dB peaks (some less than a foot away from each other). There was a rather unique (acoustically speaking) ceiling from the previous owner that was a miracle to have in there, but I still don't ever want to go back.

Sort of 10'x10'... I should say that the actual basement is larger than 10'x10' but I've basically enclosed myself with 10'x10' "walls" of wire rack shelving holding all of my equipment.

The main room I use is 11ft by about 11½ feet ~ it's my sons' bedroom. I set up drums, congas, multiple vocalists, whatever needs doing in there. Any more than 4 people and it would be a squeeze, depending on what was being recorded. If I was laying down tracks with a drummer, we'd be tight and any spectators would have to sit on the bunkbed.
But I'll use any room in the house. In fact, I have used every room, including the toilet and bathroom !

Back