DJ-X?

Country Moon

Hi, my friend has got a keyboard, and I believe it's a DJ-X or something (I'm a guitarist, so sue me!) Anyway, I am very into the Moog synth sound (the Cars, Weezer, etc...) and we can't figure out how to get that sound out of his dang keyboard. Does anyone know how to get it?

the Dj-x is a great begining keyboard with lots of great sounds but. what your looking for isnt on there at least not exactly.
if you want this sound really bad you should get a little bit more advanced keyboard. the Dj-x is kind of a introduction to sampleing and different far out sounds.

Okay, thanks for the info, but is there a way we can get that "portamento" thing happening? (at least, I think that's what it it's called)... I just want for all the notes to "slide into" each other, like on those old Cars albums, the first Weezer record and all of The Rentals stuff... is there one setting we can change just to get that slinky sound? I'm dying for them Moog-sounding licks! Thanks, any advice would be appreciated...

try playing with the ribon slider and the pitch wheels to get the sound that you want. i think thats kind of what your looking for. if not then keep searching the sound.

Thanks, we're going to keep experimenting, and hopefully find something we like. He's thinking of buying a pedal though, do you know if that would help? (I'm really clueless when it comes to keys, sorry!)

the pedals are cool but i dont think it will give you sound you want. but go head and get one any ways and see what you can do. i havnt played with that keyboard in a while.

Back