direct amp recording blackstar id

dolecekq

A year or so i had a peavey vypyr amp where you could record via usb but the problem i had was sure i could record with it but for some reason i couldnt use ezdrummer because long as i was recording via usb i couldnt get any sound from ezdrummer. Now blackstar has their id series where they also say you can record via usb. Will i have the same issue?

A year or so i had a peavey vypyr amp where you could record via usb but the problem i had was sure i could record with it but for some reason i couldnt use ezdrummer because long as i was recording via usb i couldnt get any sound from ezdrummer. Now blackstar has their id series where they also say you can record via usb. Will i have the same issue?

Not entirely sure what you are trying to do but if you say made a drum track in EZD* you could use that as a clip and play it back as you recorded guitar in the ID Insider software.
You can download and try the software from Guitar Amplifiers, Valve Guitar Amps, Guitar Pedals, from Blackstar Amplification

I don't know if the ID amps will show as a USB audio device in a conventional DAW but I have a Core 40 here and will have stab at it for you. If so I assume EZD can then be run as a pluggin VSTi?

*I am NOT downloading that fekkin program to try it for you! The bstd thing leaves vast amounts of ***t in your registry!

Dave.

Yes, it works.
I have the Core 40 USB'ed into my desktop Asus and it shows up in Samplitude SE8*. Obviously you could run other tracks in Sam or a VSTi.

The attached grab shows a decent -60dB noise floor from Tele twisled round for min hum. At that setting my (few bars!) of Bach gave a neg 20ish level.

Note, the level from USB depends upon the levels set on the amp. I had gain at 2o/c and vol at 1o/c . This gave a reasonable volume in the room but if you wanted to record in the wee smalls, plug in cans. You might be able to change the acoustic/USB balance in Windows pr/and in the Insider s/ware. I shall ask since I have other issues to discuss with B's about the Core.

*Now! In Sam you can use more than one USB interface at a time using MME drivers. I shall give this a go with my laptop and the KA6. But busy atmo so don't whittle!

Dave.

Attachments

• tele from Core 40 11 12 14.png
    tele from Core 40 11 12 14.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 26
Done it! Rigged the ID Core 40 into my desktop again and the NI KA6.

Set Samplitude for 4 mono channels and WDM drivers (not MME...Slap!) Plugged in a Tele and an AKG P 150. I could yodel and play fine.

Most other DAWs don't allow multiple USB devices, not tried Reaper yet. You can always download the free Samplitude Silver Pro X.

Reaper won't have it. You can set for WDM drivers but, at first look at least, you cannot select more than one interface at a time.
I am assuming however that you could put a track on a Pod say and play that in from the line input? Will try that later.
Dave

Last edited:
Back