Desperately lost concerning routing issue

RGDX1988

I'm an absolute beginner concerning anything I'm about to talk about, so I seriously appreciate any help with this. I'll get right down to it.

I'm currently using the following hardware and programs to record:

Guitar/Bass > Scarlett 2i2 > Neural DSP Plugins> Pro Tools.

Everything is working fine, but I have some physical pedals that I really want to use. I just tried running:

Guitar > Pedalboard > Scarlett > Neural DSP > Pro Tools

Apart from the screeching feedback(which if anyone can explain, that would be awesome) this is not what I prefer, because I want the pedals to come after the amp in my chain.

I have no clue how to do this. So to sum up, is there any way to run:

Guitar > Scarlett > Neural DSP > Pedalboard > Pro Tools?

If not, is this endeavor possible another way?

Seriously, thanks for the help!

You could do what's refered to as reamping :

Guitar/Bass > Scarlett 2i2 Input 1 > Neural DSP Plugins > Pro Tools > Scarlett 2i2 Monitor L Out > Pedal Board > Scarlett 2i2 Input 2 > Neural-Pro, etc.

With so many Volume/Gain settings involved, you'll need to pay careful attention to your Gain Staging - getting the signal levels of each piece just right before moving to the next one in your chain.

I know nothing of Pro tools but I suspect the feedback is the result of a 'monitor' button being engaged somewhere in the DAW?
Since you are only running a single instrument you could use the two channels of the 2i2 as a 'loop'. Input to ch 1, ch 1 out to input ch2 and ch 2 out to monitor. Naturally you will end up with mono on one channel but you can paste that to another channel post tracking.

What FX you put where is up to you.

Guitar > Pedalboard > Scarlett > Neural DSP > Pro Tools

Apart from the screeching feedback(which if anyone can explain, that would be awesome) this is not what I prefer, because I want the pedals to come after the amp in my chain.
This is the way I would run the system - your screeching feedback is the result of a loop in the system - maybe a monitor result - You could try deactivating the input to the track that emits the sound and create a new replacement input/send bus - you might see if you have a buss in the wrong place -

Back